Leather Cord and Needle Stitch Holder Kit by CocoKnits
When knitting top-down, seamless sweaters, there comes a point when you need to take your sleeve stitches off onto a holder. Safety-pin type stitch holders don’t work for this. Scrap yarn works, but tends to slip up into the stitches, making the job of getting each stitch back onto a needle laborious. You can leave them on a spare circular needle or cord – but it’s challenging to have needles and cord hanging everywhere. I found that a leather cord had the flexibility of yarn, but was firm enough to keep the stitches from disappearing up into themselves. The interior-threaded needle means you can knit onto and off of the cord – like a leather circular needle. The needles screw onto, and off of, the leather cord.
- Needles made of nickel plated steel
- Long Cord holds sts of sweater body – 59″/150 cm
- Short Cords holds sts of sleeves – 29.5″/75 cm
- Two interior-threaded needles
- Three lengths of leather cord
- one long (59″/150 cm)
- two short (29.5″/75 cm)
How To Use:
- Use the Stitch Holder Kit in lieu of scrap yarn whenever you need to hold live stitches. The threaded needles allow you to knit off of your leather cord.
- Keep the contents of your kit in the reusable kraft drawer, lined with 100% wool felt.
9 in stock
Get Social With Us!
Like Us On Facebook
Four Purls Yarn Shop
334 3rd Street NW
Winter Haven, FL 33881
Can’t make it to the store? We travel across Florida in our super-awesome Yarn Truck!
Central Florida’s Largest Yarn Shop with over 2,800 square feet of fiber fabulousness! Four Purls is a family-owned yarn shop named in honor of our four children A.K.A. our four purls.