Capital City Sweater with Aven
Saturday, February 9 & 23
10:00am – 1:00pm
Capital City is a casual fingering weight sweater with a rounded neck formed by a special construction. It is seamlessly worked from the top down. A combination of a textured, slightly lacy pattern with plain stockinette stitch parts is entertaining to knit. The textured hem with the small notches and the textured squares on the sleeves’ hems pick up the structure of the upper body.
This class is for the advancing beginner. Students need to understand basic sweater construction, but the stitches are pretty basic. There are no short rows in this pattern. The skills needed are:
- The ability to read and understand a pattern
- Cable Cast-On- there are great video’s for this
- Picking up stitches that have been put on hold
The construction is top down. The skills learned are:
- Working a lace pattern- gauge is very important
- Joining the front panel with the back by picking up shoulder stitches, casting on the back and then working the back panel
- Set in sleeves. The sleeves are picked up in the shoulder stitches and worked as you continue to work the lace panel
You will need the following yardage:
1050 (1150, 1250, 1350, 1480, 1600) meters/1150 (1260, 1370, 1475, 1620, 1750) yards fingering weight yarn to obtain given gauge
- Purchase pattern from Ravelry
- Cable Cast-on
- Work pattern through front panel
3 in stock
Get Social With Us!
Like Us On Facebook
Sunday: 10am-3pm (Seasonally: Sept. 9, 2018 – May 19, 2019)
Four Purls Yarn Shop
334 3rd Street NW
Winter Haven, FL 33881
Can’t make it to the store? We travel across Florida in our super-awesome Yarn Truck!
Central Florida’s Largest Yarn Shop with over 2,800 square feet of fiber fabulousness! Four Purls is a family-owned yarn shop named in honor of our four children A.K.A. our four purls.